11 Delicious Hemp Seed Recipes (#3 is my favorite)
The health benefits of hemp seeds are well known, but they also taste fantastic when used in the right recipe.
However, with so many mouth watering recipes using hemp seeds, from smoothies to cheesecake, it can often feel like an overwhelming choice.
To save you this headache we have searched every corner of the web to bring you our favorite recipes that include hemp seeds in some way or another.
We hope you enjoy them, and please remember to visit the sites that produced them. Bon appetit!
P.S. If you're looking for a Gluten-Free option, check out these nutritious muffins at Momma on the Move
ROASTED GARLIC AVOCADO TOAST + HEMP SEEDS & RED CHILI FLAKES
Here's a nice & simple, but great tasting recipe, to get us started. Behold the ultimate toast!
1. Toast slices of bread
2. Smear slices with roasted garlic cloves.
3. Next lay avocado slices or spread mashed avocado on top.
4. Sprinkle with desired amount of hemp seeds, red chili flakes and salt and pepper.
HEMP SEED HUMMUS
A quick & easy vegan recipe that contains healthy fats and is low in carbs. Try this tasty dip with their Healthy Pita Bread Chips.
1. Grind hemp seeds in coffee grinder (or spice grinder or pestle and mortar). Put them into food processor with lemon juice, chickpeas, water, garlic, olive oil and salt.
2. Blend for about 1 minute or until smooth. If you want thinner hummus, add a little bit more water.
3. To serve, put in a plate or a bowl, drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, red pepper flakes and chopped parsley or coriander.
HEMP SEED MATCHA VEGAN CHEESECAKE
A deliciously creamy hemp seed cheesecake, that's packed with superfood nutrition and is naturally sweetened. Perfect for vegans with a sweet tooth.
VEGAN CHEESECAKE CRUST
HEMP SEED MATCHA CHEESECAKE
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE (OPTIONAL)
VEGAN CHEESECAKE CRUST
1. Put pitted medjool dates in a blender and blend until they form a mushy ball. Remove dates from the blender and set aside.
2. Blend together the walnuts and hemp seeds until they form a grainy texture.
3. Add in the dates and blend evenly until evenly incorporated. The mixture should stick together when you pinch it.
4. Optional tip: Cut strips of parchment paper and lay down in each muffin tin to make it easier to pop each cheesecake out after freezing.
5. Mush about a tablespoon of the crust mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin to form the crust. Set aside.
HEMP SEED MATCHA CHEESECAKE
1. Blend together all of the cheesecake ingredients until a creamy consistency. If the mixture isn't blending well, add more coconut cream to help it out.
2. Evenly distribute the cheesecake mixture into the muffin tins atop the crust.
3. Cover the muffin tin with parchment paper or plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 4 hours or until set.
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE (OPTIONAL)
1. Optional but HIGHLY recommended because yum! Melt the coconut oil and mix together with the cacao powder and maple syrup.
2. Drizzle over the hemp seed matcha cheesecakes when you're ready to dig in!
* To easy separate the coconut cream from canned coconut milk, put in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
BANANA HEMP SEED MUFFINS
These banana hemp muffins are a delicious breakfast option with a side of fruit and scrambled eggs. Try them heated up with a dollop of natural nut butter and honey.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini-muffin pan.
2. Combine almond meal, coconut flour, hempseeds, cinnamon, salt & baking soda in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together remaining ingredients (besides nuts if using) in a small bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
5. If using the nuts, fold into the batter until evenly distributed.
6. Spoon batter into mini-muffin pan and bake for about 15 minutes until tops start to turn golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
RAW HEMP AND CHIA SEED BARS
Loaded with protein, calcium, fiber and healthy fats, these raw bars provide nutritious snacks. They’re also gluten-free and you can easily change them to vegan by swapping out the sweetener.
1. Put flaxseeds into a coffee grinder and grind into a powder. Set aside.
2. Put almonds into a food processor and process until they are in tiny pieces. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (oats, hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, ground almonds and coconut, if used).
4. In a medium sized bowl, mix all wet ingredients together (raw honey or other liquid sweetener, applesauce, almond butter, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract).
5. Take the wet ingredient mixture and combine in the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined, using your hands if needed.
6. Put the mixture in an 8 x 8 glass baking dish and press the mixture firmly.
7. Put in the refrigerator or freezer to chill or until the mixture is firm.
8. Cut into even size bars or smaller sized squares.
9. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature.
ALMOND BUTTER HEMP SEED BANANA SUSHI
It's the banana-hemp seed combo again! This time it's ridiculously simple and tasty. No excuses for not trying this one...
1. Peel the banana
2. Spread almond butter on the banana, making sure to coat the top and sides
3. Sprinkle on hemp hearts
4. Place in freezer for about an hour. Then, slice about an inch thick, just like sushi!
SUPER GREEN QUINOA BOWLS WITH HEMP SEED PESTO
This fantastic green quinoa bowl is packed with healthy superfoods, including Kale, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Quinoa (duh), Avocado and of course - Hemp Seed!
FOR THE SALAD
FOR THE HEMP PESTO
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Add broccoli to a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 20 - 25 minutes until the broccoli is starting to brown.
2. While broccoli is roasting, make the pesto. Add the basil, avocado, hemp seeds, nutrition yeast, garlic and lemon to a food processor and process until combined. With the processor running, drizzle in oil and then water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
3. Once the broccoli is done, remove and let sit while you prepare the remainder of the salad.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, quickly saute the kale and brussels sprouts (either with olive oil or water, your choice). Cook until just tender, about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer kale and brussels sprouts to a large bowl and add the quinoa, broccoli and ⅓ cup of pesto. Mix together with tons or forks until pesto is evenly distributed throughout the salad. Add more pesto if needed to coat.
6. Transfer to serving plates and garnish with additional hemp seeds and red pepper flakes if desired.
BLACKBERRY POMEGRANATE AND HEMP PROTEIN CHIA PUDDING
This Blackberry Pomegranate and Hemp Protein Chia Pudding is packed with superfoods and is very simple to make. It's also Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo-Friendly, and with No Refined Sugar
FOR THE CHIA PUDDING
FOR THE TOPPING
1. Add all the ingredients for the chia seed pudding to a mason jar, seal the lid tightly, and shake vigorously until everything is blended together.
2. Put the jar in the refrigerator for about 30 - 60 minutes, or until the chia pudding firms up.
3. Remove and add the blackberries and pomegranate seeds to the top.
HEALTHIER HEMP PECAN PIE
A healthier hemp seed pecan pie that’s dairy-free, gluten-free and made with no corn syrup or refined sweeteners.
FOR THE CRUST
FOR THE FILLING
FOR THE FLOUR
1. In a food processor, pulse almond flour, oat flour, hemp seeds, and salt until combined. Add egg and coconut oil and pulse for about 30 seconds or until dough becomes crumbly and starts to stick together.
2. Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
FOR THE FILLING
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small saucepan, bring maple syrup to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla. Let cool.
3. Transfer sugars to a medium mixing bowl and whisk in eggs, salt, Hemp Hearts and one cup pecans.
4. Pour filling into the pie shell and arrange the other cup of pecans evenly on top.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes*, or until pie is puffed and set along the edges but still slightly wobbly in the middle. Let cool completely before serving.
6. Optional: Serve with dairy-free ice cream or coconut whipped cream.
HEMP SEED & OATMEAL NO-BAKE COOKIES
These chocolate vegan cookies are packed with nutrition and are super simple to make. Oh, and they also taste fantastic!
1. In a pot over medium heat, whisk together the almond milk, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and cacao powder. Stir occasionally and let the mixture warm up until it just comes to a simmer. The coconut sugar should be fully dissolved.
2. Remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla, cashew butter, rolled oats, and hemp seeds until fully incorporated.
3. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, dollop the mixture into your perfect cookie size onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Place into the refrigerator for 2 hours or until the cookies are set.
5. Store in a container in the fridge.
DATE, BANANA & COCONUT SMOOTHIE WITH HEMP SEED AND ALMONDS
No list of hemp seed recipes would be complete without a smoothie, and this is our favorite.
1. Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Taste and add more spices or sweetener if needed.
3. Pour into glasses, top with crushed almonds and hemp seeds, and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed reading through our list of favorite hemp seed recipes and you now feel inspired to try some for yourself.
If you have your own hemp seed recipe that you feel should be on this list, please let us know in the comments.